Nonprofit organizations like church ministries, charitable enterprises and advocacy groups are a big part of the online world. Successful nonprofits understand the power of the digital world, as well as profit making companies and individuals. Nonprofit digital marketing solutions are no different from their commercial counterparts. Like all organizations, nonprofits need a branding strategy, a search engine optimization strategy and local SEO services to get their messages out to target audiences.
Today, these organizations have discovered the value of professional digital marketing solutions and many of them make expert use of tools like search engine optimization services, local SEO techniques and even coordinated direct mail marketing campaigns. Let’s take a look at an example – in any search engine, enter the simple query, “Catholic Churches in Daytona.” If your search engine is Google, you will get a search engine results page with a complete list of Catholic churches in the general area. Bing searches yield very similar results.
If you click on any of the Google Map icons, you open a view box that gives basic details like name, address and phone numbers. These are the basic N-A-P requirements that apply to nonprofits, as well as to Home Depot or Walmart. Obviously, this is the product of professionals, probably at an internet marketing agency such as Axiom Administrative Services. The day when a congregation member or a volunteer nonprofit worker put up their website is gone.
At Axiom, we believe that good nonprofit websites should always include several key elements:
- A landing page that is easy-to-read and absorb. A visitor who sees pleasing, simple design is more likely to stay and to absorb and retain the information. The landing page should convey a message of, “Welcome!” or “Thank you for visiting us.” No matter how informative or convincing the rest of a nonprofit site might be, the landing page is the most important part. If it does not get the attention of the visitor, the rest of your site is for naught.
- High-quality images that tell the visitor what the nonprofit is about. These should be important parts of the landing page and graphically convey a brief synopsis of the mission of a nonprofit. Blurred pictures or poorly pixilated logos will give a negative image. Your organization should have an easily recognized symbol, probably the product of a logo design service, such asThat logo symbol displayed prominently on the landing page tells the visitor they have reached the YMCA. Not many logos are going to be that famous, but it is just as important that yours is well done, so get a logo design service.
- A “Call to Action” with a “Visit Us” or “Donate Button.” If viewers find your website and start reading the content, that is good, but there is a chance that they will neglect the purpose of your landing page: to stimulate interest, action, donations or joining up. Don’t let that happen. Put the call to action in a prominent place, where it cannot be missed.
- Content that is well written, informative and frequently updated. Again, digital marketing solutions for nonprofits are no different from their commercial counterparts. Like all organizations, nonprofits need useful content, as well as a branding strategy, a search engine optimization strategy and SEO services. If your nonprofit is lucky enough to have a staff member who is able to write good content, all the better. No one knows your organization and your needs better than you or your associates. If this ability is not found in your staff, retain an internet marketing agency with the professional skill to do it.
- Create outside links, have a SEO link building strategy. This is vitally important to page ranking. One of Axiom’s clients, the net organization, maintains a directory of community organizations, including nonprofits (see the OurSeniors.net Directory). Find opportunities like this directory and get listed in these important resources. Take a look at these examples:
- Halifax Humane Society
- Volusia Flagler Family YMCA
If your ministry, nonprofit or public advocacy group is struggling to find digital marketing solutions that work and a branding strategy that makes you stand out, turn to Axiom. Your nonprofit deserves more than a cheap web design, and Axiom is more than an internet marketing agency. Axiom Administrative Services has the professional skill and local SEO skills needed to get your web presence the ranking it deserves. Our team can combine traditional marketing tools like direct mail advertising with local SEO services to build your nonprofit branding strategy. Please visit Axiom’s services page or call Axiom at 800-888-6348.